Are you a freelancer, have the option to work from home, or run your own business from home? If the answer is “yes,” then you must already know the basics of how to improve your productivity while working away from an office. We have a few more suggestions.
See 10 easy-to-follow tips by Melanie Pinola from Lifehacker to get things done on time from home:
- Get ready for the day and dress up, because it’ll create the feeling that you’re at the office.
- Create a routine before you “go” to work – leave the house, go for a walk, drink some coffee and come back to start your day in more productive mindset.
- Take mini exercise breaks to get your blood flowing. It’ll increase your mood and ability to focus.
- Get the necessary tools (shared files, systems, etc.) that you need to be connected with your co-workers.
- Keep your family away – think about ways to let them know that you don’t want to be disturbed.
- Avoid all kind distractions (TV, cleaning the house, or looking up websites that are not really related to work).
- Create a proper workplace and environment that helps you focus.
- Switch up your work location every now and then to boost your creativity. For example, go out to a local coffee shop to finish a specific task and then return back to your home office when you’re done.
- Don’t work overtime! It will only cause occupational burnout and lead to unproductivity. Leave your workstation when work hours have passed, and go “home” to relax.
- To increase your productivity – plan your day, create a schedule and stick with your routine.
The original post “Top 10 Ways to Be More Productive When Working from Home” was published on Lifehacker, January 16, 2016 (written by Melanie Pinola)